Protection of Personal Information (PPI)
Welcome to the website of GRYB International (GRYB Intl) or one of its subsidiaries (collectively, “GRYB Intl”).
- About us
When this Policy refers to “GRYB Intl”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, it may include GRYB International Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, GRYB Canada Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, mandataries, representatives and successors. This Policy covers all our present and future subsidiaries, including, but not limited to:
|Company||Geographical location||Website address|
|GRYB International Inc.||Quebec, Canada||https://www.grybinternational.com/|
|GRYB Canada Inc.||Quebec, Canada|
|GRYB Inc.||Quebec, Canada||https://www.gryb.ca/|
|Rad technologies Inc.||Quebec, Canada||https://radtech.ca/fr/|
|Dalkotech Inc.||Quebec, Canada||https://dalkotech.com/fr/|
|Shearex Equipment Inc.||Quebec, Canada||https://www.shearex.ca/|
|e-Trak Technology Solutions||Quebec, Canada||https://www.e-trak.ca/|
|Bateman Manufacturing Inc.||Ontario, Canada||https://www.batemanmanufacturing.com/|
|Winkle Industries Inc.||United States||https://www.winkleindustries.com/|
|Serco Loaders||United States||https://www.sercoloaders.com/|
This Policy does not apply to employees and other personnel of GRYB Intl who are otherwise covered by an Internal Policy.
- A few definitions
Before going into detail, it is essential to familiarize yourself with certain key terms that are relevant to understanding this Policy.
The terms “Private Sector Privacy Laws” or “Data Protection Laws” refer to laws designed to protect your Personal Information and privacy where you live. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, which is the Quebec law governing the protection of personal information applicable to our activities in Quebec.
Personal Information means information that you provide to us, about yourself or about third parties, which, either alone or in combination with other data, identifies you or someone else in some way.
- Collection and use of your Personal Information
GRYB Intl does not systematically collect your Personal Information when you visit or use the Website, unless you are asked to provide such Personal Information and voluntarily choose to do so.
In order to better serve you and meet your needs, we may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including: by filling out an online form on our Web sites, by telephone, in person or in writing (e-mail or other), etc. We may also use your Personal Information to contact you for other purposes.
In the table below, you will find all the Personal Information we may collect directly from you, and what we use it for. By providing your Personal Information in any way, you consent to its collection, use and disclosure. This consent will allow GRYB Intl to use your Personal Information for the purposes to which it has consented.
|Personal Information Category||Personal information processed||Their usefulness|
|Careers||· First and last name,
· Email address,
· Mailing address (city, country, state or province),
· Phone number,
· Personal information contained in your resume or application form submitted to us.
|Review your job applications and communicate with you about jobs you’ve applied for, or jobs that may be of interest to you.|
|Request for quotation||· First and last name,
· Email address,
· Phone number,
· Postal address
· Your company
· Your position in the company
|· Contact us;
· Respond to your request;
· Staying in touch with you and providing you with personalized service;
· To help us better understand and respond to your needs and preferences;
· Develop customer profiles based on your needs and preferences;
· To communicate special offers and promotions concerning our products and services;
· Develop, improve, market and deliver our products and services and manage our business; and
· To help us meet the requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
|Information for the “Contact” section||· Full name,
· Your company
· Email address
Your Personal Information will be processed and stored in our various marketing or customer or future candidate management software programs, including :
- In our customer management databases such as Salesforce and production management databases such as Epicor or any other management system used by our company.
- In our corporate networks (Microsoft Suite, home networks or Sharepoint)
- Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect any sensitive Personal Information (such as personal health information or information about your ethnic origin). We strongly discourage you from providing us with any Personal Information that you consider sensitive.
- To whom my Personal Information may be disclosed
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties that are not our group companies without obtaining your prior consent, except in the following cases.
- We share Personal Information with law enforcement or other public authorities if : we are compelled to do so by applicable law in response to legitimate requests; if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person; or if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving misuse of the Website infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as large spam emails or denial of service attacks).
- We may also share Personal Information with a parent company, subsidiaries inside or outside Quebec, or other companies under common control of GRYB Intl;
- We will share your Personal Information if GRYB Intl merges with another entity, undergoes a corporate reorganization, or sells or transfers all or a portion of its business and assets.
- We may transfer your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties (such as processors, technical support and delivery companies and financial institutions) for processing on our behalf. We only provide these third parties with the Personal Information necessary to perform their specific service. You acknowledge, in the event that the third party processor is located in the United States, that your Personal Information may be processed and stored in that country and that U.S. federal or state governments and courts or law enforcement or regulatory authorities may have access to your Personal Information in accordance with the laws of that country.
Please note that we do not sell or rent your Personal Information to any third party for direct marketing or any other purpose.
GRYB Intl constantly evaluates and modifies its use of various advertising networks, which may change from time to time. In this section, you will find all the advertising networks that GRYB Intl may use and instructions on how to opt out.
GRYB Intl may use Google AdWords and, by visiting the Website, you consent to this use. Specifically, GRYB Intl uses the interest-based advertising remarketing features of Google AdWords to serve ads that are of particular interest to you, based on your browsing history and activity while interacting with the Website. These ads will appear on third-party websites across the web. Google uses specific cookies to enable it to serve these ads on the web. You can prevent this type of advertising by deleting the corresponding Google cookie in your browser, but this operation is not necessarily permanent. For a more permanent solution, you can deactivate this type of Google advertising by modifying your Google ad settings or by using the WebChoices online deactivation tool.
GRYB Intl may advertise using Facebook Custom Audience, to show you ads on Facebook or in Facebook Messenger that will be of interest to you, and by visiting the Website, you consent to this use. Facebook may collect or receive information from the Website and other applications and websites and use this information to provide measurement services and targeted advertising. If you do not wish to receive such advertisements from Facebook, you may opt-out by modifying your advertising preferences settings when you are logged into Facebook.
GRYB Intl may also advertise using LinkedIn Advertising, in order to display ads on LinkedIn that will be of interest to you, and by visiting the Website, you consent to this use. LinkedIn may collect or receive information from the Website and use this information to provide tailored services and targeted advertising. If you do not wish to receive such LinkedIn advertisements, you may opt-out by following LinkedIn’s instructions.
- E-mail communications
GRYB Intl uses MailChimp or other to manage its mailing lists and send various emails (MailChimp or other, collectively the “Messaging Service Providers”). Personal Information is transferred to the Mail Service Providers in order to manage the mailing lists and to properly send emails. Your contact information is used solely for the purpose of sending e-mails; the Messaging Service Providers do not use this Personal Information for any other purpose and do not transfer or sell your Personal Information to any other third party.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by following the link at the bottom of the e-mail.
- Limited collection of information for statistical, analytical and security purposes
GRYB Intl automatically collects certain information using “Third Party Analytics Programs” such as Google Analytics, to help better understand visitors and users of our Website and how they use it, but none of this information identifies you personally except by an alphanumeric string. For example, each time you visit the Website, we automatically collect (where applicable) your IP address, browser and computer/device type, access times, the web page you came from, the web page(s) or content you access, and other related information. We use this information only to better understand your needs and those of visitors and users of the Website as a whole, and for statistical purposes to improve the Website and our marketing activities.
- Tracking technology (“Cookies”) and related technologies
GRYB Intl uses tracking technologies (“Cookies” and related technologies such as tags, pixels and web beacons) on the Website and, by visiting or using the Website, you consent to their use. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or device when you visit a Website in order to track site usage and improve the user experience by storing certain data on your computer.
- To facilitate online advertising, as described above in this Policy;
- To provide internal and general user analysis and to conduct research to improve the content of the Website and our marketing activities using third-party analytics programs, as described above in this Policy; and
- To help identify possible fraudulent activity.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
Please note that deleting Cookies may reduce your user experience on the Website. In addition, deleting Cookies may prevent you from using certain features.
- Protection and storage of your Personal Information
We have implemented technical and organizational procedures to ensure that we only process Personal Information that is necessary for each specific purpose of processing. These procedures serve to prevent the loss of your Personal Information, and its use or unauthorized.
GRYB Intl uses systems and technology service providers that ensure the secure storage of your personal information in order to maintain its confidentiality.
GRYB Intl retains your Personal Information only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and for the applicable legal retention periods, which may sometimes justify longer retention periods. Destruction or anonymization (removal of personally identifiable information) is carried out in a secure manner.
Anonymization consists in irreversibly modifying personal information in such a way as to make it impossible to identify the person concerned.
- Privacy statement for children
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from a child under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a person under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our records.
- Accessing, modifying or deleting Personal Information
You have the right to access the Personal Information we have collected about you and, if necessary, to correct it. To request this, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing (see “Contact Us” below).
GRYB Intl will remove all Personal Information about you from its database within a reasonable period of time following receipt of your written request to do so. If you send us your request by e-mail, please include your full name and write “Delete my Personal Information” in the subject line.
- Request information or file a complaint
You may contact our Privacy Officer if you have a question or complaint regarding this Policy or GRYB Intl’s privacy practices in general (see “Contact Us” below).
The PRP manager must respond in writing within the 30 working days stipulated by law, following receipt of the request if it is accompanied by supporting documentation. An additional 30 days may be granted in the event of an investigation by a competent authority.
- Changes to the Policy
The year at the bottom of this page indicates when this Policy was last updated. We will update this Policy at least once every 12 months.
- Contact us
|Contact details for the PRP manager||You can contact our privacy officers by mail at :
ATT: IT Director
1400 boul. Pierre-Roux East
Victoriaville (Québec) G6T 2T7
Or by e-mail to :
Last update: October 2023